A time capsule containing documents from 1913 was found during the demolition of the former Paderewski Hospital building in 2010. The contents included minutes from the meeting at which planning permission was granted, a map of Edinburgh, copies of the Evening News and the Scotsman, a signed diary and a photograph of the leader of the Edinburgh Parish Council. Surprisingly, given the length of time that they have been buried, they were all extremely well preserved. They are now in the care of the Lothian Health Services Archive.
Read a bit more about the story of the discovery here.